View Single Post
Old 08-11-2014, 09:18 PM   #162
Radii
Head Coach

DC Ashley Varela comes to talk to me about his playing time. I dunno if a 14 year old should really be saying shit, but he is someone that came in good enough that I wanted to play him some, and i haven't. I'll make sure to work him into the rotation.

North American Open Cup - Third Round Draw

32 teams left. We're going to be going on the road to Dallas to play FC Dallas. I think there's a chance our run might end here.

North America Amateur Cup - First Round Draw

If we win our qualifying round match against Long Beach, we'll play our second match against Limestone City.

June 20th, 2015

Old North Cup - Second Round

Wilmington Hammerheads vs Wake Forest Cougars

Attendance: 2163

Wilmington are much, much bigger favorites than St Louis was. They are 1:33 to win, we are 50:1...

GK: Gyan
D: Bergmann/Burke/Varela/Diaz
DM: Villa
M: Perkins/Glaser
AM: Davidson/Crook
ST: Ratzburg

Shuffling things up on 3 days rest. I think everyone but Gyan was changed today.

I add instructions to drop the defense deeper and play slower.

1': Free kick from 25 yards out for them, Gyan gets the save.

2': We try to clear twice but cannot, finally they put a shot wide, 3 shots for them already.

11': They hit a free kick off the post and we clear, its a good counterattack... except their players are so much faster they easily make up the distance before we can do anything threatening.

20': Our first shot comes on a free kick by Varela. Its not close.

33': Throwin for them, they easily get it into the area, but we do nicely to block the shot. An offsides gives it back to us eventually.

HALF: They have only out-shot us 7-1, it may get much worse in the second half. They have only put 1 shot on target so far though.

47': And there it is, easy goal for Wilmington after some crisp passing. 0-1

54': A second goal on an easy cross and strong volley from 18 yards out. 0-2

57': A 3rd on a rebound goal after a first shot hit the post. 0-3

60': Pace in for Ratzburg.

88': Really pretty goal, a low driving ball came into the area from about 40 yards out and their left midfielder blasted it in off a bounce, that looked fairly difficult. 0-4

That'll do it.

Wilmington 4 : 0 Wake Forest

5.6 from Varela, 5.6 from bergmann, and 5.8 from Villa. Its ok though, this one was just going to go bad.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote