View Single Post
Old 08-12-2014, 09:57 PM   #165
Radii
Head Coach

July Update

-- Gyan trains well, Coggins and Burke poorly.

-- We play on July 3rd, 10th, 17th, 21st, 24th, 28th, and 31st. All league matcthes, 4 at home, 3 on the road. We currently sit in 3rd place but with only 4 points between us and 8th.

-- The board is pleased with my leadership. Our positive atmosphere is the good, our 2-0 loss to Nashville in league play is the bad. The board ask for my patience while dealing with speculation regarding the sale of the club. We are financially secure and made $846,000 profit last month.

-- DR Bob Varela resumes full training after being hurt for a month.

July 3rd, 2015

Wake Forest Cougars (5-1-2, 3rd) vs Asheville Attack (3-0-5, 12th)

Attendance: 247

-- About 14,000 less people are watching this match compared to our last one.

-- Asheville is a bad team, but hopefully not so bad that we are screwed here :P

GK: Gyan
D: Campbell/Burke/Garcia/Jackson
DM: Villa
M: Glaser/Shakespeare
AM: Davidson/Cooper
ST: Roth

Counting Gyan, we are able to start 5 of our top 11 today, and guys like Davidson and Roth fill in nicely enough that I like this lineup.

10': They have a goal kick and take it short, slowly working up the field, once they pass midfield there's a quick ball ahead though and they attack, getting their ST ahead of our defense, Burke comes in with a sliding tackle attempt, he doesn't win the ball but he delays the shot, when its finally taken Gyan makes a very nice stop.

21': Throwin for us at midfield, we passit around the left side for a bit, Shakespeare lobs it ahead to Roth, the keeper rushs out as Roth is by himself, he shoots from 18 yards and puts it into the right side of the net. 1-0

24': Roth to Cooper for a pretty decent shot from the right side, saved though. We get a shot off the corner too but saved.

42': Their left forward gets by Jackson, but Jackson keeps a decent bit of pressure on him, forcing a tough shot that goes wide.

HALF: Its really even here. 4 shots each, 3 on target for us, 2 for them. 53/47 possession. We're way behind in the air, which is fairly rare for us.

70': First highlight of the half, they have to work to get the ball out of their own end after a save, but once they do they get their attack going, passing up the middle from a MC up to striker Watts. He's in a big hole in our defense that seems to be there for no reason, no movement, no runs anywhere... just left alone. And he gets a clear cut chance by gyan. 1-1

77': Perkins in for Glaser, Pace in for Roth.

80': After a lot of passing deep in our end, they manage a cross in from the left and Watts gets his second goal. 1-2

80': Attack, and stop holding onto the ball for longer than necessary.

91': They get a goal that seals it in the final minute, another cross from the left and a strong volley to end it. 1-3

Wake Forest 1 : 3 Asheville

I guess Asheville isn't a good enough team for us to win against after all.

Goal: Roth (7.0)
Assist: Shakespeare (7.0)

Garry Garcia with a 5.8 rating in defense was really bad.

I tell the team they were bad and must be better next time out and it seemed to motivate them.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote