View Single Post
Old 08-13-2014, 04:40 AM   #4
nol
Banned

October 2035

Knock on wood, but Holston and Reed are close to acquiring a couple of good prospects. BC's in the lead for the #64 player in the country, Stewart Robbins. The 6'7 PF from Massachusetts can be a turnover machine at times, but 15/A INS and 11/JPS more than make up for it, and 11/A DRB and 8/B PSD mean he's not a schmuck on the other end of the floor. Obviously Holston's scouting evaluations are to be taken with an entire shaker of salt, but Robbins's 61.3 FG% seems to corroborate the offensive prowess. BC's currently the only school in the running for 6'2 Chinese SG Gong An, who's putting up the gaudy stat line of 23.9 PPG, 9.9 RPG, 5.6 APG and just 1.6 TPG on 51/75/39 shooting. Regardless of the level of competition, those numbers are indicative of a diverse skill set I can work with.

With Midnight Madness and training camp just around the corner, our staff is still trying to hammer down our strategy for the season. I've started to come around on coach Holston's idea of starting Quesada (but only as a nominal starter while giving us the flexibility to bring Jones off the bench as a backup at any one of three back-court positions. This team has the talent to put up some points as long as everyone's sharing the ball, but I'm more worried about the other side of things.

We have no quickness outside the point guard position and are horribly thin in the frontcourt, and somehow this is making Dave believe a 1-3-1 will be the best defense for us. I can see how that, combined with lots of doubling, can force opponents into rushed shots and turnovers, but I'm trying to convince him that we need to be able to switch between multiple defenses to make it more difficult for conference opponents to prepare for us.

Last edited by nol : 08-13-2014 at 01:50 PM.
nol is offline   Reply With Quote