View Single Post
Old 08-15-2014, 08:17 PM   #404
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
You didn't just make a commentary on the law, you said that if this guy was white the police report wouldn't have identified the crime as a robbery. And you're basing that on the fact of what a robbery is "to you". The officer isn't identifying a crime based on what a robbery is "to DT". They're relying on Missouri law. So accusing that officer (whoever it is, it's not even the shooter) of being racist is silly to me. He just wrote down the crime that was committed in the video. It's not binding to any later charges. If an officer is downgrading crimes on his own initiative in police reports, he'd probably have a problem with his supervisor.

That wasn't the intent of my statement. The intent of my statement was more general, not specific to this officer taking the report. It clearly wasn't stated eloquently enough, or was misunderstood or whatever. But AGAIN, that was before I heard it was $50 worth of cigars that he reached over the counter for. So enough already on that - move on already man.

And FYI - based on the reported history of things going on at that police department I have a feeling that downgrading/trumping up charges wouldn't be something a supervisor would bat an eye at.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote