View Single Post
Old 08-16-2014, 11:05 PM   #184
sabotai
General Manager

Time to make some wide sweeping changes to my tactics, as I've been doing a lot more reading on the subject and because I've gone through a streak of poor games, I'm starting to fall in the rankings, and if I'm gonna go out, I want to go out playing my type of soccer....

Tactic: The Münich Counter
Formation: 4-2DM-3-1
Mentality: Attacking
Fluidity: Balanced

Team Instructions: Pass Into Space, Drill Crosses, Play Wider, Much Deeper Defensive Line, Higher Tempo

GK: Goalkeeper - Defend

DL: Fullback - Support
DC: Central Defender - Defend
DC: Central Defender - Defend
DR: Fullback - Support

DM: Deep-Lying Playmaker - Support
DM Ball-Winning Midfielder - Defend

AML: Inside Forward - Attack
AMC: Trequartista - Attack
AMR: Inside Forward - Attack

ST: Advanced Forward - Attack

Players do not have shouts by default. They are dependent on the player's attributes (and my opponents if I feel the need to do something). An example would be a fast player with Dribbling of 15 or higher, I will tell him to Dribble More if the shout is selectable. On the other hand, if he has a single digit Dribbling, I tell him to Dribble Less.

The same for the rest of the simple More/Less ones. If he's terrible at it, I tell him to do it less, if he's great at it, I tell him to do it more.

An example: Kirstijan Con in the DR position. He has a Crossing of 5 (Cross Less Often), A Dribbling of 6 (Dribble Less), and a Passing of 9 and Technique of 11 (Fewer Risky Passes). In fact, he's so bad at support, that I just have him become Fullback - Defend when he's in. He's still just 18 though, so hopefully he becomes awesome at defense and serviceable at support in a few years.

Another example. In the DM - DPL spot, when Stark is in, I tell him More Direct Passing. Wannenwetsch gets no shouts and Stahl, if I ever need him there, is told to Dribble Less.

In the DM - BWM spot, if Stark is there, I tell him More Direct Passing and More Ricky Passing. Wannenwetsch and Stahl get no shouts in that spot.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote