View Single Post
Old 08-20-2014, 01:47 PM   #762
Blackadar
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
I'm also not apologizing for police behavior. In fact, my Aunt was murdered by two police officers 30 years ago (was a huge story and made into a TV movie). So I know firsthand that the police are capable of murder. And I've stated numerous times that I think there is an astounding amount of incompetence in today's police force and lack of accountability.

But cases like this also have a contingent that want to distort facts and create a false narrative. That the innocent angel who was minding his own business was shot. That all innocent young black men are in the crosshairs from police. And on the other side a noble officer serving and protecting the community was attacked for no reason. That the police only care about getting to the truth and not protecting their colleague.

I don't know where the truth is. But I know it's unlikely on either side of this. I'd rather let more facts come out and stop pretending that a story at the top of the national news being commented on by the most powerful political figures in the world is somehow being covered up.

Fair enough.

I shouldn't say that it will get covered up. Not now. That's not accurate and so I'll amend my earlier post.

But if not for the protests, the media coverage showing how badly the Ferguson PD acts towards the citizens, the general outrage...I believe that this wouldn't be given more than a cursory examination before declaring the shooting justified and pinning a medal on everyone involved. Given what everyone has seen out of the Ferguson PD, does anyone really think differently?

Well, anyone besides Jon of course...
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote