View Single Post
Old 08-20-2014, 02:55 PM   #198
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Learn to live would be my advice. I hated 'em myself but they're good for staying waaaaay under my wage budget (and that increases my job security). Playing the L9 U.S. mod, those players were over half my team for the first couple of years, and in season 5 I still only have 13 players on "normal" contracts vs 12 on p/a deals. And about 40 or so on those $40/wk - $70/wk deals.

Now that's in FM14 so I'm not sure how much has changed there vs 13 but in the lowest levels they seem to be a fact of life now. Now I've also basically been printing money for 3 seasons (good cup performances & a shit ton of cash from finishing 3rd-8th-3rd-1st in four season ... an area the mod way overpowered IMO) but best I can tell whether you hate the p/a deals or learn to live with them, that's how the players are wired. The only way I've found to finally kind of work around it -- and even then only sometimes -- is to overpay by something like weekly is a bit more than what they wanted p/a and then a p/a bonus of about half that amount (too low & they'll often cut off negotiations & abandon you)

Yeah I'm using roughly $11k of my $83k wage budget, and most of that is tied up in the young idiots the previous regime paid the big bucks to. And at least my most expensive P/A is $220 whereas the old management had quite a few players making $300-400 P/A.

Quote:
This happens in the game? Wow...

Yep. Pretty cool.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote