View Single Post
Old 08-20-2014, 04:26 PM   #805
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackadar View Post
The great part of that video is at 27:00, where a prosecutor comes on and says "everything he said was right".

Yeah - I've watched it before.

That being said - I like some of what it has to say, but I think you've got to take everything in context.

If I get pulled over for a rolling stop at a stop-sign on St. Patrick's Day or something, and I know I have nothing in my car, and I haven't been drinking that day or anything, I'm not going to 5th Amendment up and turn it into a confrontation. I'm not going to voluntarily incriminate myself as far as why I was pulled over (I'll pull the "please enlighten me officer" bit, but I'm not going to go out of my way to turn it confrontational.

Both because it would only take more of my time then the ticket was worth, and it would also take the officer's time when he could be out there going after actual drunk drivers who were a danger.

Now if they've pulled me over for doing 70 in a 50 or something and I'm looking at a huge ticket - then yeah...I'm going to act differently.

I feel like you guys are all arguing the two extremes "be a sheeple" or "be confrontational" and nobody's acknowledging that the reality for most people in most interactions is going to lie in the middle ground.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 08-20-2014 at 04:28 PM.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote