View Single Post
Old 08-22-2014, 12:33 AM   #861
nol
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Colin Ferguson, DC Snipers, Nathan Dunlap, Arthur Wise, I could go on and on. And then I could fill in a bunch of white people who were shot dead by cops and come to the complete opposite conclusion. Shit like this has only one purpose and that is to cherry pick cases to create a narrative.

Or you could look up more than a cherry-picked handful and have enough to identify a statistically significant trend. Do you honestly believe that statistically significant trend would be counter to the what the picture presented for bite-size consumption suggests, or are you just a contrarian whose track record of making points on your own is practically nil?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
And that's the problem with someone like Coates. He wants to downplay many of the issues that plague the black community. He wants to call anyone who brings it up racist. To him it's about pointing out how evil white people and conservatives are. Because if you write enough articles on that things will magically get better in the community. Until people like him are willing to call out the real issues plaguing the community, nothing will change.

And by the way, Coates writes a lot about how downtrodden the black community is. How white people fled for better areas. Guess where Coates doesn't live? A black community. The minute he got a nice job he got the fuck out. He's a hypocrite race hustler.

Sorry, didn't catch anything in your rant about whether Coates is right or wrong about the points he makes. Sounds like by living in a downtrodden black community and a wherever he lives now (all I can gather is that he lives somewhere in New York City because he's a writer and that's where the jobs are for writers, but I'll just assume for your benefit he moved somewhere super white and wealthy like Park Slope) he has a couple data points on his experience as a black man and can point out the differences between those communities in which he's lived. If he's a race hustler for that, then what does that make a white man who has lived in a white neighborhood his entire life and makes sweeping generalizations about the black community? Does Coates need to get Michael Jackson surgery so he can experience living in black and white neighborhoods as a white person?

Last edited by nol : 08-22-2014 at 12:35 AM. Reason: grammar
nol is offline   Reply With Quote