View Single Post
Old 08-23-2014, 02:38 PM   #81
Greyfriars Bobby
College Prospect

31 August 2013

Well, that didn't take long!

Two hours after we offered them their contracts, both Willie Nelson and Craig Robertson were officially signed for Strathspey Thistle. Both players accepted two-year contracts, so they'll be with us through the 2014-15 season.

Nelson isn't extremely fast, but he accelerates so quickly that he seems faster than he is. He's good with the ball, a shifty dribbler with a deft first touch, and the ability to finish. His playing style and skill set complement those of Stevie Murray very well, and those two, along with Craig Gordon and Sean Dickson, make us four-deep at striker.

Robertson is probably only a little bit better than Chris Christie right now, but he's four years younger, and it's safe to say that his potential is greater. Chris is better in the air, but Craig is a more skilled distributor. Right now, I see myself using the two keepers in a rotation of sorts, unless one of them seizes the job or becomes too unhappy sharing the job. And, unless Ian MacDonald is absolutely horrified at the prospect of being loaned out, I'll see if there's a club who would like to have a good young keeper for a season.

Both of our new men will be available for today's match, but neither is anywhere close to match fit. Still, I might let at least one of them make his first team debut today.

Last edited by Greyfriars Bobby : 08-23-2014 at 02:40 PM.
Greyfriars Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote