College Prospect

4 September 2013

Clachnacuddin 0-0 Strathspey Thistle

4-4-2
GK: Christie
D: Francis, Campbell, Kennedy, Chisholm
M: Courts, Duncan Ross, Stevie McCluskey, O'Neill
ST: Murray, Gordon

This is the first of our troublesome clusters of matches: two in close succession, a Premier match and a very tough tie in a cup competition where we're supposed to keep going for a while. I would have loved a result here, but given what happened, I'll take the point and smile on my way out of town.

Clachnacuddin were awarded a penalty, and it was taken by Tommy Maxwell, who is very good from the spot. Christie came up huge, saving the penalty and preserving the draw.

Matt Kennedy (7.6) was Man of the Match for his efforts to keep Christie's sheet clean. We didn't really generate a dangerous scoring chance all evening.

I gave midfielder Duncan Ross his first team debut tonight. He's 19, and our backroom staff is divided on the issue of his potential. Michael Dempster and Andy Robertson, our best evaluators of future talent, say he could be a very good one. I like the fact he is already comfortable playing in several different positions. He's one to keep an eye on. Right now, he'll see the vast majority of his action with our reserves and U19 squad.

Last edited by Greyfriars Bobby : 08-23-2014 at 09:50 PM.
Greyfriars Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote