View Single Post
Old 09-08-2014, 08:56 PM   #145
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
It's a matter between the NFL and Rice. The legal ruling was already made. The only thing the NFL needs to find out is Rice's side of it. From there they make their ruling. It is pretty straight forward.

Unless you think that your employer should start their own investigation on you if you ever have charges raised and subsequently dropped against you.

Agree with you on the first part - it's between the NFL and Rice. We just disagree on whether or not them talking to the woman was an important part of finding out the truth of the situation. Because they need to find out more than just "Rice's side of it" in order to get a sense for how it will affect the league. They're not the police - they're not restricted to just the legal opinion.

If there was any sort of "morality" or "conduct" clause in my employment contract (as there is with NFL ones) I'd fully expect my employer would conduct an investigation and discipline me accordingly - and I wouldn't be surprised if the results of their discipline were different from the prosecutor, because there's a different standard of proof and a different reason they're looking.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 09-08-2014 at 09:02 PM.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote