View Single Post
Old 10-15-2014, 10:12 PM   #1
Radii
Head Coach

FIFA15 (Yes, FIFA) Exeter City Manager Career

Not sure if this will go anywhere, but I have the itch to play out some games, and I'm still a little bit afraid of NBA2k15 on PC so I'm going to wait for a bit for it. I took advantage of a 25% off coupon to buy FIFA 15 on Green Man Gaming and am beginning a manager career with it. We'll see how this works as a dynasty.

I've set up the following sliders: DRUNKEN FERRET'S FIFA 15 ASSISTED/SEMI SLIDERS - Operation Sports Forums

Quote:
Game: FIFA 15 Next Gen (Camera: Tele Broadcast)
Controls: Semi/Assisted/airball switch
Difficulty: World Class
Halves: 10 or 15 Minutes
Speed: Slow

Game Sliders
Human/CPU

Sprint: 45/45
Acceleration: 50/50
Shot Error: 51/52
Pass Error: 50/60...back and forth on this and 58, but was getting too many 90+ at 58 for cpu
Shot Speed: 49/49
Pass Speed: 52/52
Injury Frequency: 55/65...my experience has been I've been gutted by injuries throughout season
Injury Severity: 40/40
GK Ability: 51/51
Marking: 55/50
Run Frequency: 50/40...cpu is lower to ensure they play better defense, higher and they get caught.
Line Height: 50/50
Line Length: 54/54
Line Width: 48/48
Fullbacks: 55/55
Power Bar(user only): 50
First Touch Control: 52/52

I was able to survive in FIFA 14 on the World Class difficulty after a little while, so I'm hoping for the same here. These sliders are designed for realism. The "Slow" speed supposedly encourages a little more buildup and midfield play which sounds appealing to me.

I have the halves set at 10 minutes. In the couple exhibition games I've played that generated between 7-13 shots for each team with 1-0 and 2-1 scores. I've gone through the skills tutorials and gotten gold in everything (but completed the difficult "skill challenges" in none of the categories) to shake off a little rust. I am playing on PC using a PS3 controller.

I expect to struggle early on as I warm up to the difficulty, I've never been a superstar at the FIFA games though so I don't expect to get to a point where my stick skills are just too good and the management doesn't matter, at least not anytime soon.

This doesn't go as deep into low level management as FM does of course, but there are four leagues in England, which offers a lot of room for growth.

I decide to start with what looks like the worst team in England's Football League 2, Exeter City

Radii is offline   Reply With Quote