View Single Post
Old 10-26-2014, 12:01 PM   #130
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by VPI97 View Post
I've been playing this game pretty much non-stop since the minute it unlocked and I really haven't seen much of this behavior you are describing. Well, except for siege worms, but those are very rare in the grand sceme of things and you learn after the first encounter to not get close to them until you're in your 3rd or 4th evolution of combat units. Even then, I'll only hit them with ranged units. I've had my explorers around 4-5 other alien units without them attacking. It's all how you play the game, I guess.

As for the game in general, I think it's light years better than Civ 5. The ability to customize your civ's evolution though tech web choices, unit perks and quest choices is such a fantastic step for the franchise, I don't think I could ever go back to the cookie cutter way to play the older Civ games.

That's the thing. There's so much here I like, or want to like. I don't mind it playing differently. I mind getting forced to sit there for 50 turns before I can do anything because if I explore at all my scouts get nuked.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote