View Single Post
Old 10-27-2014, 10:07 PM   #30
Radii
Head Coach

New Signing

This is not someone we'll have available this year (at least not if the game works properly). We've signed 61 OVR ST Marlon Harewood away from Hartlepool when his contract ends at the end of the season.

This is a bit of an experiment, as Harewood is 35 y/o, so his ratings may completely tank. But, he's not a guy that relies on speed, which helped me to be willing to take the risk. He has very high strength (84) and a 70 heading accuracy that makes me think that he'll make a better target for crosses than anyone I currently have.

We'll pay him $1,250/wk for 2 years. We'll see next season how his ratings look.

That leaves me with $1584/wk available to me.

January 17th, 2014

AFC Wimbledon (11-9-7, 9th) vs Exeter (8-10-9, 15th)

We crushed Wimbledon 4-2 at our place, they were in 3rd place at the time and have been in a bit of a freefall since.

GK: Pym (57)
LB: Garmston (62)
CB: Butterfield (57)
CB: Moore-Taylor (59)
CB: Baldwin (60)
RB: Ribeiro (63)
CM: Sercombe (63)
CM: Oakley (58)
CAM: Grimes (56)
ST: Armstrong (62)
ST: Seager (61)

Grimes and Seager start over Keohane and Cummins today compared to last match. Can we get 5 draws in a row!?

14': We've been defending all match but no one has taken a shot yet, until now, they get a pass into the area and a fairly strong shot from 15 yards out, Pym stops is and we clear it.

34': We clear a ball out long and Armstrong takes it, he turns by his man at midfield and goes out wide left, making a long run, he gets down near the end line, crosses, Seager gets his head to the ball.. just wide right. He almost scored that.

45': We allow a lob pass over Moore-Taylor into one of their strikers, he gets a 1 on 1 with Pym, it is a bit wide right, but he's got a great look, but its put wide. Whew.

HALF: I'm not sure if its the opponents or if we're just not playing well lately, but it seems like we are defendig all the time recently. We allow 7 shots here and take just 1. Down 64/36 in possession. The problem here is different than recent games, the field seems too fast, and its causing us to lose possession an awful lot in the midfield. Or they're just better and its a tough road game, that's probably it.

Grimes was hurt in the last few minutes of the half. I take him out, Wheeler is in, Wheeler back to CM, Sercombe up to CAM.

66': They get a pretty strong shot but the area is crowded, we block it and its behind for a corner. Pym collects the corner.

68': Cummins in for Seager

69': We get a really nice through ball from Cummins to Armstrong, he's still a ways outside the area when he runs onto it though, the play started at midfield, and two defenders caught up and overran Armstrong before a shot seemed available.

73': We build up down the middle, Oakley sees Garmston running in from the left and sends a ball ahead, Garmston gets to it, defender is right there but Garmston is fast and beats his man, he's into the arae but at a very tough angle from the left, decides to shoot instead of cross, and its into the side netting.

73': Garmston is hurt, dunno if he got clipped from behind by the defender he beat, or if it is gonna be an ACL type injury where a guy gets hurt with no one near him at the end... Either way, he's out, Woodman in.

81': They get a nicely timed run into the right side of the area, a dangerous pass is attempted through the 6 yard box, Baldwin puts it behind for a corner.

86': Woodman gets ahead down the left side and sends a great cross in, but Cummins can't win the header, they head it away. It comes to Sercombe who protects the ball... and it apperas he's just straight up shoved in the back and has it taken away, no foul given.

And that's it.

AFC Wimbledon 0 : 0 Exeter

Two games in a row where we end up in a scoreless draw. The fans must be quite bored.

This is an instance where EA's statkeeping is just completely fucked. The final shot count is 9-2 in Wimbledon's favor. We took at least 4 shots in the second half, a couple were on headers and I think they just weren't counted at all. I have no idea.

Pym is man of the match, saving more shots than the other team took. But, he does deserve man of the match for getting out of that first half scoreless.

We controlled possession better in the second, it still ended up 56/44 for them in the end, but it was so much worse.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote