View Single Post
Old 11-04-2014, 08:42 PM   #50
Radii
Head Coach

-- The tranfer deadline passes without incident, of course for me since i am out of funds. I did turn down an offer of $325,000 for CB Moore-Taylor. We are very very thin at CB, I can't play there. Also, Moore-Taylor is 20 years old with a 60 rating, if we do want to make money from him, we do it by starting him for another year or two and getting $1M+ for him.

-- I also shut down all offers on LB Craig Woodman. The best I could get for him was $170,000 and it woudl leave us with only Chantler at LB, not worth.

-- I get a vote of confidence from the board after a couple wins. I hope that's a good thing, and not the "don't worry everyone" that NFL GM's sometimes issue right before firing a guy. :P

-- There's a positive story in the press about Chantler and how he's quickly becoming a fan favorite.

September 5th, 2015

Stevenage (2-1-2, 14th) vs Exeter City (2-2-1, 10th)

GK: Pym (58)
LB: Chantler (61)
CB: Moore-Taylor (60)
CB: Bennett (62)
CB: Baldwin (60)
RB: Ribeiro (64)
CM: Tidser (62)
CM: Wheeler (60)
CAM: Onyedinma (56)
ST: Hope (64)
ST: Harewood (59)

We see some increases in ratings, Wheeler up to 60, Harewood up to 59, though he's old, is that like a cohesion rating bump or something? He's not listed with high morale or anything.

Baldwin is back from injury at CB, though he still shows with a minor injury risk, I may only play him for a half.

25': Each team has 1 shot, though they look a bit better than we do, we've allowed a couple scary crosses, and really not attacked well ourselves.

32': They are playing very tight defense, we're doing a good job not giving it away in the middle, but struggling to find an opening. We finally spot something though, Tidser with a beautiful through ball for Onyedinma in the area, he's all alone, but can't finish, keeper saves it.

42': A poor clearance by Ribeiro gives them the ball in a scary spot and they earn a corner as Pym makes a save. Corner is taken to the edge of the box, they get a shot through the crowd, Pym goes down to stop it, but the rebound is put in by them. 0-1

45': We push hard after the restart, giving it away but continuing to press. A pass out is intercepted by Wheeler in their half, a quick pass up to Harewood, he hits a through ball into the area for Hope, Hope strikes it, at the keeper, but he can only slow it down, not stop it, and the ball is off the keeper and in! 1-1

45': Poor defending by Chantler allows them one more chance before the half, a cross comes in, they win the header, Pym has to dive, but he catches it and holds it. Good save.

HALF: We generated two great looks and should probably have two goals, but overall they've played better and look more threatening. We are making too many poor plays in defense though and allowing crosses in too easily. If we can shore that up we could be fine.

59': Throwin for us near midfield, after a couple quick passes, Ribeiro spots Harewood with a step on the defense, the pass is clean, Harewood shoots... keeper stops it. Damn! Again!

63': Harewood to Hope, an on target shot with the weak foot for Hope, but its blocked away by the keeper. Out for a throw.

64': Chantler with a cross to the far side after the throwin, Harewood heads it, keeper has to jump to get a fingertip to it, very very close. Corner. Corner is cleared.

65': Davies in for Wheeler.

70': We take a goal kick short, afer one pass though Harewood has it near midfield, he spots Hope up ahead, passes to him, there's one defender back, Hope goes left, cuts back right, generates his own space, shoots from inside the area, and its by the keeper!! 2-1

70': Mindset changed from attack to defend.

78': CM Byrne in for Harewood, back to a Defensive Mid position, 5-4-1 (with a diamond of mids in the center) formation.

84': They get a lob into the area, poor first touch, they still get a shot off it but its wide. That could hae easily been a goal.

That's it, we hold them off!

Stevenage 1 : 2 Exeter

Man of the Match: Harewood (8.6)
Goals: Hope 2 (8.4)
Assists: Harewood 2

7.1 from Ribeiro, everyone else in the 6's. Really good road win! We're up to 6th.

Hope has 4 league goals, league leader has 5. I am not doing anything to specifically try to get him goals or anything, but its very very obvious that he's a much better finisher than anyone else I've had, Armstrong included.

Game winner from Hope:

Last edited by Radii : 11-04-2014 at 09:08 PM.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote