View Single Post
Old 11-15-2014, 04:09 PM   #171
Greyfriars Bobby
College Prospect

I'm never sure what is the best approach to take against a team that parks the bus, like Cowdenbeath did in our last match.

This time, playing at home against a team that's in the relegation zone, I took an Attacking mentality. I used a touchline shout to tell the players to work the ball out of defense; if Cowdenbeath don't have many players forward, they shouldn't be able to interfere too much with our ability to pass the ball out of our own end. I didn't think working the ball into the box would be a good idea, since they had six players who didn't seem to be doing anything but guarding the fort.

It worked well, but I'm not sure if that's because my strategy was sound or because we had much better players than Cowdenbeath.

I've read that it's actually a better idea to instruct my team to drop farther back, in an attempt to tease the opponent into pulling forward and opening up more space for your guys. Or would they still simply sit back in front of their goal, content to take a goalless draw?

Last edited by Greyfriars Bobby : 11-15-2014 at 04:11 PM.
Greyfriars Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote