View Single Post
Old 12-01-2014, 11:57 PM   #68
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

We begin in the southeast corner of the area, with a large wall around us on every side, and various turrets, mechs and tanks guarding us. I see Catapults, Partisans and fun. We begin with 16k resource points. Our goal is on the other corner of the map – the far northeast. I take a look at the map. There is a storage area in the center of the map with three resource buildings and a repair bay. I don’t see any other resource buildings on the map.

I move west. I have Ghost move up, destroy a pair of large pulse laser turrets, an LRM Carriers fires on her but does not pursue, so they are not leaving their posts. I play a little chicken with the local forces as we destroy some turrets, a Partisan and LRM Carrier. I move in my Highlander, blows up the walls protecting the last LRM Carrier, finish it and then destroy another turret. I move in the Thor to ump over a small gate and capture their turrets. Suddenly, two Men Shen and a starslayer appeared and start blasting. Longshot’s Thor took damage but we captured the turret for the north side of the gate.

I move east and take out the Cats. The turrets on the east wall are still theirs. I blow a hole out the back wall on the west side of the north wall and move Dagger past it to scout around in her Men Shen. I spy another resource building. I salvage a Catapult and Flash arrives in it. Dagger snakes in and takes gate control on the wall, the resource building, I spy another pair of Men Shen and Starslayer just outside the gates. We find two resource trucks here and grab them too. I order our whole unit outside to fight these folks. We take out this trio and I order Dagger’s Men Shen down the wall outside. She blasts the all and takes the turret here, which destroys the Partisans on the inside. She took some damage but now we can salvage the Catapult. Steel arrives in it and it still has 6 lrm racks working, Flash has 5 still doing so. Hang these guys back and it can still work.

I order Dagger to start scouting. We find a small village to the south with two resource trucks. I order my force there to hold while she keeps exploring. Dagger takes some damage capturing turrets, gate, and resource building in the far southeast corner. 3 Anubis are scouting to the north so I pull them into the base. I destroy the generator when next to it and two are destroyed and we solo the third. Dagger now has lost about 80% of her armor. So I order her to return to my group.

I move to the southeast corner of the city and hit three Partisans and wait for someone to come out and strike me. Nothing, so I order the Blood Asp to pull and it pulls a Lao Hu, Catapult, Swarm LRM Carrier and 2 Starslayers. There were 2 Men Shen back there too. Many mechs. We manage to take them out, but are understandably damage. Mother joins us in a salvaged Starslayer – it still has all of its weapons. Claymore arrives in the badly damaged Lao Hu. It’s weaponless, and I keep it back for a while.

They have a lance of Men Shen, 2 Ravens and two Anubis warm up and assault us. I rush back. We have another running battle that is crazy rough. Venom arrives in a salvaged Men Shen. I blow up some Partisans and Swarm LRM Carriers and take the city. I capture 3 resource buildings and 3 resource trucks. I order repairs at the bay. We fix the Mad Cat first. I order a repair truck. Both are used up and all of my starting 5 mechs are good as well as the Starslayer. We also have relatively healthy Cat and some repaired Cat and Men Shen. I choose to move on up.

They have a base on this side of the river and then nothing. I see what might be a path across the river to the far east, so I order Dagger to check it out. She come across an Aerospotter and charges in to take it out. She runs into a nuch of mechs powering up on the other end, but this is an entrance. She pulls them to our squad awe we defeat two Anubises and a Sha Yu. I move my forces back. We face two more Anubises that slipped over.

Longshot destroys two ambulances on the other side and holds the ford while other mechs cross the river in the far right. I get a message from the locals stating is that they will not let me take them out and a Lao Hu is moving towards Longshot. I order her to pull back across the river to where my forces were readying to cross. We take it out easily and I see some Swarm LRM Carriers coming in. This secret entrance isn’t very secret. I can’t tell you how many units I’ve fought already.

I move back over and our sensors show a lot of mechs here – Lao Hus, Catapults, and a Cyclops. I move over and smash the Swarm LRM Carriers. A Lao Hu slips out and hits us. We finish it too. Time to get ready for the final push. I drop a repair truck and salvage a pair of Lao Hus.

We push in and destroy most of their mechs, and move in to their Cyclops. We destroy it and salvage it and then target the Liao HQ and palace.

Begin with – 1 Thor, 1 Mad Cat, 1 Men Shen, 1 Blood Asp
End with – 2 Catapult, 3 Lao Hu, 1 Cyclops, 1 Men Shen, 1 Starslayer

We also take from the map:

2 Lao Hu, 3 Catapult, 1 Sha Yu, 4 Anubis, 1 Starslayer

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote