View Single Post
Old 12-15-2014, 09:19 PM   #1921
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Todd, you look disappointed but damn, you shouldn't be. You're a frigging marathoner man, great job!!!

It's in my plans for next summer but it's freaking me out already... Oh well, one step at a time I guess.

After deciding I wouldn't run on Tuesday last week, we got hit with a nasty snowstorm with not much snow per se but lots of gusty wind and icy road conditions. So much so that all roads leading from work to our house were cut off from about 8 am to 2 am but I decided around 11 to take the invite of a coworker and slept there instead of risking it home. Because of that and lots of other sutf, I ended up not running again until yesterday but that was good as it meant the pain gradually went away.

I taped myself with some KTape yesterday and ran a very easy 3.5 km run and didn't feel much pain afterward or even when I was standing up for 90 minutes while pacing behind the bench of my my 17 yo son's hockey team. I just6 ran for 7 km again in very little pain.

I got a possible cause for the fasciitis pain. As crazy as this may sound I'm thinking it might be cause by my new ASICS Nimbus 15 shoes I got this Fall. Hve not had this kind of pain all Summer long running in Brooks Ghosts and ran with some ASICS Nimbus 13 last Fall/Winter alos without pain, but the pain gradually appeared, I think, since I introduced the new Nimbus into the mix. They have now about 145 miles on them so it was not instantaneous either and kinda hard to detect since I've been running much less this Fall...

It's also kinda odd since it's a fairly cushioned shoe but I have read in reviews about users saying it gave them fasciitis in one of their foot. Might be an altered gait because of my Achilles problem that'S causing the Nimbus to not work as well anymore...

Anyway, for now I'll remain with the Ghost 7 but will have to eventually think about adding a new pair to the mix as they are now up to about 375 miles...

FM