View Single Post
Old 12-21-2014, 01:55 AM   #83
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

May 3, 3063 – The House of Lords has decided, in an emergency session, to order Baron Etienne LeSatte to retreat from the field, so they can order Hasseldorf to the table and cooler heads may prevail. There has not been a single shot fired since Trent returned to the planet after landing day.

LeSatte refused, telling the House of Lords that he would not stop until he was satisfied that the Hasseldorfs were contained.

The next day, Conner Ward meets with the government and inquires as to why his troops were not dispatched to face down the LeSatte. After all, they violated a direct order just like Hasseldorf did.

The House of Lords is not comfortable making the politically dangerous decision to attack LeSatte.

May 14, 3063 – Duke Essex has arrived at Zurich and meets with the local press:

“Hello Zurich! I know that this war has been rough on you. You’ve had a war on your planet for months now. We were hired here to help keep order, and to face, and bring down criminal units, on planet, who defied orders by the government.

The units of house Hasseldorf were involved in bringing battle to a large city, refusing to give up their arms, breaking prisoners out of jail, an attacking a small town with an HPG generator. All of these are criminal acts, and require our continued response.

Meanwhile, house LeSatte was also involved in that same battle, shot and killed police officers doing their job, and now has refused a direct order from the House of Lords and a planetary government. Therefore, we are calling for their laying down of arms, peacefully, the next time we engage. Any unit which does so, will not be branded a criminal. All others will be treated as criminals, since they are in direct violation of their government, just like Hasseldorf.

I’ve seen war tear people and places up way too much in my life. We need to end this now. Both sides, need to surrender, turn themselves in, and we can begin investigating the crimes, as proper members of civilized society. Zurich, you deserve better.”

(We’re going a bit outside the boundaries of the scenario pack. It envisions that, by now, you will have joined either the Hasseldorf or LeSatte side. We are not, and I will modify some of the next track, into to note these changes. )

Our PR increases to 20.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote