View Single Post
Old 12-21-2014, 09:44 AM   #2475
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post
The micromanagement in Vicky 2 isn't so bad. It was a lot worse in the first version but in the 2nd most of it became handled by the AI. You don't have to worry about your POPs (population, you just do things to influence movement between them) like you had to in the first one. The worse part of the game, and it kills playing as Prussia IMO, is the Sphere of Influence. As the US, England, Japan, Russia, it's...not horrible. But as Prussia, Austria or France, it just kills the game for me (Especially Prussia, it's a fucking grind playing Prussia in that game). If you end up with a Planned Economy (or State Capitalism to a lesser degree) government, you do have to micromanage your economy by building factories and railroads yourself.

I enjoyed Vicky 2 but I don't play it anymore nor did I play it as much as I do their other games. But it has so much potential and can be a much better game if they would redo how they handle the sphere of influence, work on how the global economy works (not a fan of the "world market") and a few other things.

Good to hear. I know that Paradox is really focusing on refining it's games playability, so this actually makes sense.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote