View Single Post
Old 12-28-2014, 12:51 PM   #191
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

We are on the west ,and they on the east. We are using the Lake Area official map, and there is a small lake in the middle. (We have trees to hide in, they have hills and some trees)

Here we go!!!

For deployment, we win init, so they place first, then we drop the Starslayer in the northern part here on the west and see their Vultures in the south by the hill. I position our Vulture to move into some heavy woods beside that lake.

Turn 1 - We win init. Four of their mechs are here in the south by their hills, and I put everything else down there. I run the Cougar into some heavys. Our Vulture follows. Our Turkina moves up, and Blood Asp follows. Their Dasher runs behind the woods. I consider basing it with the Blood Asp. Instead, I don’t move the Blood Asp at all. I split our blood Asp between the Vulture B and their Dasher. Their Dasher moved 12 hexes and has a +4 to hit, so by standing still, I can better nail it.

Our Blood Asp’s medium pulses tear into the Dasher and destroy its RL and LA
Their Kingfisher gets a through armor critical and nails an LRM20 in our Blood Asp. Then another through armor crit hits a foot actuator. Annoying.
Our Starslayer nails the LRM20 and engine one their Vulture B’s LT.

Who falls? Our Blood Asp does, their Vulture does, and their Dasher does.

As it falls, their Dasher nails its engine once in the RT.

Turn 2 – We lose init. Our Starslayer hops over a river and begins to come on down. Their Dasher turns. Our Blood Asp rises and bases their Dasher. I don’t move our Vulture, Turkina or Cougar. Their Vulture stands. I hope they’ll either target me exclusively at the Blood Asp and thus give me good shots with the mechs in the woods, or they’ll target the closer mechs in the woods and give me a chance to keep my Blood Asp alive. Either way, we can take something from this. I can’t get a good bead on the Vulture Prime. Only our Starslayer and Cougar have lines of sight on it. Those two target it though.

Our Turkina destroys the LT of their Vulture B, and then hits the engine once on its CT and shuts it down. We also take out hits LA and LL.
Their Vulture Prime hits our Cougar and goes overheat to smash it hard, and they destroy its La and CT.
Their Kingfisher unloads on our Blood Asp and hits the gyro once.
Before it falls, it’s pulse lasers destroy the Dashers RA, hi ammo in the RT, destroy the C too.

Our Blood Asp falls.

So, we’ve taken each other’s light mechs, untouched each other’s mediums, We have destroyed their heavy and they have savaged our assault. Still pretty close.

Turn 3 – We lose initiative. I leap the Starslayer into a better angle of attack, and then I leave our Blood Asp on the ground. I have to charge out of the woods because we can’t see any of their remaining mechs. Their Dragonfly runs next to our Blood Asp. Only our Starslayer can see their Vulture Prime. But we continue to fire at it, I have to target the Kingfisher.

Uh oh.

Our Turkina;s large pulse laser sheers off the Head of their Kingfisher and it goes internal, and the head blows off. Dead mech! (The [pilot doesn’t die, the head pops off, much like a arm or leg pops off as well).
Their Dragonfly finishes off our wounded Blood Asp by destroying its RT and hitting the engine once in the LT. Dead mech.

Their Vulture nails our Starslayer for 40+ and we hit it for 20+ no falls though.

Turn 4 – We lose init. Our Vulture runs around behind theirs, and our Turkina leaps out. We leap the Starslayer close to their Vulture, and they pull back so we can’t see it.

Our Vulture nails the gyro and engine once each on their Vulture.
Our Turkina destroys the LL of their Dragonfly
They deals 80+ damage to our Vulture with just two mechs and hit our LPL and LRM20

Only the D Fly falls. Not even their gyro-smitten guy does (nice to be clan elite)

Turn 5 – We lose again, and I hop the Starslayer over. Their Vulture bases it. Battle is behind the level four hills, and our Turkina can’t get over. We back up our Vulture, and our Turkina moves over. We alpha strike the Vulture with our Starslayer. It hits the Vulture’s RT and destroys it, and then hits the gyrox2 with SRMs. Their Vulture is down. Meanwhile they destroy the LL and RA on ours.

Our mech falls and our pilot blacks out. Which doesn’t matter.

With just a legged Dragonfly left, we offer hegira, and they accept.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote