View Single Post
Old 01-10-2015, 01:05 AM   #409
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

We are on some hills but no trees, very gentle here.

Turn 1 – We win init and set up on one of the few hills here to force our foe to climb to face us. Many of their mechs buzz over to us. In addition to slew of light mechs, we also spy some heavier folks, and a bunch of mediums as well. We concentrate fire on two of their light mechs that we can pick off. We need to lower these odds right now.

Our Awesome launches PPCs at their Wolfhound and nails its RT and CT once each
Our BattleMaster misses mostly, but an SRM hits a nearby unit.
Our Axman does little
Our Zeus’s AC5 and LRm15 crack into a Jenner and break it open in a couple of places
Our Archer’s missiles tear into their Wolfhound and destroy its CT and LA.

Tons of their mechs hit ours for a little damage here and there, and their main target is our Awesome, on top. It took 60+ damage and falls.

Turn 2 – We lose init. I rise the Awesome, and there’s not a lot of places to run to that are better than here. They bring a few forces in close, and a Spider and 2 Locusts base the Awesome.

Our Awesome sends PPC energy racing into the damaged Jenner and hits its SRM ammo and it explodes. Dead mech.
Our BattleMaster uses close range weapons to carve their nearby Cicada into little pieces, and it loses a LA and LL.
Our Axman and Zeus do little
Our Archer nails an unwounded Valkyrie at range, and goes internal, and hits a foot actuator.

Meanwhile they just blast the zero movement Awesome. They hit it for 160+ damage destroy two PPCs in the arms and LT, but little else was done seriously, and no limbs are destroyed or anything like a gyro hit. It still falls though (as does their Cicada)

They kick the downed Awesome, hit twice, and destroys its RT. Our Axman tears off the RA of a Javelin.

Turn 3 – We lose init. Can’t really do much with the Awesome, and we leave it as a distraction for them. More than 10 of their mechs are now basing ours. It’s nasty.

We savage a Stinger, and destroy its LA and LT with our Axman’s large pulse laser (Damage from one carried to the other and took it down too).
Our Archer can’t hit much

They mostly target our BattleMaster, and get a critical on its machine gun ammo and its explodes. Dead mech.

We smash their wounded Javelin with the Axman’s and it tears off the H of the mech, and it falls, silently, to the ground, dead. They kick our Archer to the ground, and more kicks on the Awesome in a few places destroy its Ct and its down too. Meanwhile, Our Archer kicks and drops a Spider, hitting two actuators.

It’s not looking good. We have a dead Awesome and BattleMaster, plus a grounded Archer. We haven’t scratched hem much. And we are just three turns in. I am going to try and change one tactic.

Turn 4 – We lose init. I needed to win that one for my tactic. Ah well. We stand the Archer after it falls once, and then we move the Zeus to block the Axman, then we hop out Axman out of trouble, and off the hill, to the right side of their damaged Valkyrie. They press forward onto the hill, but they have some folks respond to our Axman’s jump (because we lose init) and a Wolverine, Nightsky and Phoenix Hawk base it.

Our Zeus peppers the wounded Valkyrie and finishes it off with an LRm15. Might as well Alpha Strike, right? We hit the Valkyrie’s LRM10 ammo and its up.

Their forces just blast the unmoving Archer and drop it. No ammo explosions, just the destruction of four parts, including the CT.

Our Axman turned and chopped the Wolverine, and smashes the H again. Well, that’s lucky I suppose. Dead mech. Their PXH tries to kick our Axman and misses and falls. Our Zeus kicks a Locust, and destroys its LL. A few kicks hit the Zeus, and it falls too and hits its large laser. Ouch.

Turn 5 – We win init. Whoop de doo. We rise the Zeus, and can’t go anywhere (fully surrounded). Our Axman leaps away, and four folks can still base it.

The Zeus does little, and they just blast the Zeus back. They hit the gyro once, and the engine 4 times and destroy both arms. Dead mech.
Our Axman doesn’t do much either.

Then it tries and carves a axe for a third time on a H, but it misses the adjacent Shadow Hawk. They kick me twice, miss twice, and lose a Phoenix Hawk to the ground again, and it goes internal, but no critical. But their Quckdraw’s kick on the Axman goes internal, gets a limb blown off and it’s RL is on the ground and the Axman follows.

They leave behind a lance of mechs to secure the downed Axman and Zeus and move on down.

They have won this battle.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote