View Single Post
Old 02-04-2015, 05:18 PM   #5
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Where are our other strengths and weaknesses?

RB? We have Toby Gerhart, Denard Robinson and rookie Storm John, with one of my favorite names in RB history. The best is 44/44 Gerhart

TE Marcedes Lewis has a solid 52/52 rating, fairly close to real life obviously. I’d rate him better in blocking and lower in catching if this were me (he’s a great blocker in real life), but roughly the same overall. No issues here

Now, the WRs. In real life, this was a huge upgrade for a team that was hurting. Robinson, Lee, Hurns, all played well at times, and Robinson looks like he could be a real #2 WR for the future, and if either Lee or Blackmon are your #1, then you are set, while Hurns appears to be a strong #3 #4 guy with great big play ability. On the other hand, Cecil Shorts III was a major disappointment. So, where are the receivers here in my game?

FL Cecil Shorts – 30/39, great big play stuff, low everywhere else
FL Allen Robinson – 38/51, good, solid all-around stuff, with high endurance, and lower avoid drops, but potentials that are in the 40s (big play, ourage, route running) or 70s (downfield, third down, adjust to ball)
SE Justin Blackmon – 44/57, Solid everywhere, 84 big play, 21/31 downfield and 24/44 adjust to ball are lowest.
SE Ace Sanders - 34/42
SE Allen Hurns – 26/30 – lower Big play than I’d expect (just 70). Weak everywhere else.
SE Marqise Lee – 52/71 - Good stuff! 100 big play, lowest ranking is 16/44 avoid drops and 24/52 adjust. But just really good everywhere else.

So our offensive skill positions are pretty solid. Line?

C Luke Bowanko, 15/31, 6th round rookie. Weak as all get go

OG Zane Beadles is solid, and we have OG Brandon Linder, 3rd rounder, with 26/45. (In real life I’d probably put him at 31/55 or so, but that’s not bad, and he could creep this thing all up and such)

OT Luke Joeckel was solid, and OT Cameron Bradfield (29/41) undrafted, and adequate, but needs to grow

P Bryan Anger – Bust in this dynasty – 39/43

K Josh Scobee – 46/46

In real life, the D Line was the best of the defense of the Jags this year:

DE Tyson Alualu – 35/35
DE Red Bryan – 33/33
DE Chris Clemons – 37/37
DE Ryan Davis 29/40
LDT Roy Miller – 34/34
RDT Evander Hood – 52/52
RDT – Sen’Derrick Marks – 55/55

Well we have a strong DT tandem I can work with, but those DE folks do not represent how well they rolled in the season. Ah well.

LB corps? This was a huge weakness of the Jags this season, especially after Paul Poz was injured early on. What about here?

MLB Paul Posluszny – 47/47
SLB Telvin Smith – 29/47
WLB Dakota Watson – 31/31
WLB LaRoy Reynolds – 25/37

Weak, yuck.

Secondary?

LCB Will Blackman – Bust. 19/19
LCB Dwayne Gratz - 39/54 Last year’s 3nd rounder looks pretty sexy to me. No strengths or weaknesses, just a solid bar all around.
LCB Jeremy Harris – 30/52 – Last year’s 7th rounder? Dang that’s good stuff. Great run D, weak man-to-man D and picks.
RCB Alan ball – 39/39
SS Jonathan Cyprien – 37/37 – Sigh. That’s about right too.
FS Winston Guy – 22/25 – Yuck

And even rookie Aaron Colvin isn’t that good (20/35)

Long Snapper? Guys a 36 in long snapping

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote