View Single Post
Old 02-05-2015, 08:00 PM   #10
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

And so it begins!

Week 1 – We travel to Phily and come back losers 41-17. We were never really in the game. But Bortles? 31 of 29 for 354 yards, and 1 TD and 1 pick with a 102.3 QB rating. That’s good stuff! Marqise Lee grabbed 9 catches for 101 yards and Cecil Shorts III had 8 for 94. WR Ace Sanders on 2 grabs caught the TD as well. Meanwhile undrafted rookie Alec Bowbliss, starting for the injured Jeremy Harris, grabbed a pick. But we just couldn’t stop Philadelphia at all.

No major injuries. That’s not a bad start to our offense though at all.

Week 2 – We defeat the Redskins in a come-from-behind victory in the 4th 25-21 in their place. CB Alan Ball was Game MVP with a pick of RGIII plus a return for a score, 32 yards, and three kick returns for 61 yards and he led the team in tackles with 9 solos and 2 assist. Two more picks by CB Dwayne Gratz and CB Demetrius McCray. Meanwhile Bortles rocked 21 of 32 for 249 and 1:2 ratio, and hit Allen Robinson 6 times for 76 yards (TD by TE Lewis). Gerhart added a score on the ground (his 2nd in two weeks)

We scored the last 17 points, we were down 21-8 in the 3rd after Alfred Morris rushed for a score with 5:30 left in the 3rd quarter. Then FG, Ball’s pick/score and Gerhart’s 4 yard plunge. We missed a PAT early on.

Lots of injuries though this week. The biggest is that RB Corwin Shields is just out for 10 weeks. I toss him on injured reserve. Although not as good, I sign UFA RB Sean Stewart to a similar special teams role.

MLB Paul Pos is out for 2 weeks with a concussion. I deactivate him. MLB Deion Gardner is starting until he returns. Lots of probables. I’m de activating FS Winston Guy with a broken finger for a bit.

Week 3? We host Indy. We hold them to 19 and drop 24 on them. Not so Luck-y now, are you? We dropped Luck for 5 sacks and harassed him all day long. MVP is Bortles, with 26 of 35 for 307 and a 2:1 ratio, including Lee’s mega-day with 8 grabs, 161 yards and a score. Robinson added 1 score and 67 yards as well. UFA DE Kaden Rivera dropped Luck twice, and DT Evander Hood 1.5 times – shoot, even S Cyprien dropped him once on a safety blitz. They scored in the last minute to make things respectable.

CB Jeremy Harris is back to start for us.

Week 4 – We travel to San Diego to take on the Chargers. We leave losers, 24-29. We stopped Rivers cold, with just 181 yards and a pick, but RB Mathews was on fire. Bortles had his worst game thus far, 1 of 43 for 196 and 1:2. WR Blackmon caught his lone score. CB Alan Ball had a 94 yard KickOff return and WR Blackmon had a 94 yard kickoff return. So that was nice for both of those folks, but the double returned scores weren’t enough to put us over against the Chargers. (Ball had the pick as well).

Injuries? MLB Pos is back next week. SLB Geno Hayes was injured with a broken foot and will be out for 9 weeks. I IR him and sign 3 year vet SLB Emmanuel Lamur, with an exceptional affinity for Clemons and a 61 rating in special teams (16/22 overall)

FB Will Ta’ufo’fu is injured, doubtful, and I deactivate him.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote