View Single Post
Old 02-06-2015, 11:00 PM   #40
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 14 – We upend the Falcons 31-21. Bortles, MVP, with 21 of 30, 252, 2:0, and Murray rushed for 96 yards and a score while catching another. Lee got the other score. CB Robinson grabs a pick.

But this week will cost us some.

RB Shane Vereen is out for a year (52 weeks) with ACL Knee Surgery. I IR him and sign UFA LCB Tyler Kilgore, because I like his potential. He came in at 17/49.

MLB Paul Pos is out for four weeks with a strained calf muscle. I IR him too (not enough time to come back) and sing UFA MLB Abraham Fulcher, with a strong affinity for Clemons, who is 15/38. SLB Telvin Smith will be starting for us in the middle.

RT Meredith is back healthy.

Week 15 - We are 6-7. Can we get to 7-7 today against the Titans? Nah, we lose 16-24. DeMarco had 15, 83, 1 score while rocking 6 catches for 119 yards.

Sigh. Another non-winning season.

OLB Telvin Smith is questionable with a sprained knee.

Week 16 – I would really like to win one of our final two roads games to improve our record by at least one game over last year. This one is against the 10-4 Saints though. But….any given Sunday….we win 21-10!!! Bortles was 20 of 34 for 256 and 2:0. He hit Lee and Blackmon for score,s and Gerhart rushed for one spelling Murray. Picks by S Guy and CB Harris. WR Robinson can return for the finale.

CB Harris is doubtful and I pull him.

Week 17 – We travel to the 9-6 Texans. They have won the AFC South In the AFC, we have the 11-5 Charger and Jets in front (the Jets have had wondrous results from Vick these past two years). And the Bengals are up 10-5 over the 9-6 Browns and the 10-5 Bills are in the #5 spot already. So, we can’t be spoiler to the Texans, and they are going to be the #3 or #4 seed. So, all we are playing for is to go 8-8 this season, a respectable 2 game improvement over last year.

We win. 34-19.

Bortles, MVP, 24 of 28 for 291 and 3:1. Murrary was 22 for 70 and 1 on the ground. WR Allen Robinson fresh back from injury and clearly wanting to get caught yup caught 7 balls for 105 yards and three scores. Picks bu FS Demps, Cb McCray, Bowbliss and recent signee Tyler Kilgore. DT Kevin Williams forced a fumble that DE Rivera recovered.

Nicely done!

AFC South, 2015:

Texans – 9-7
Jaguars – 8-8
Titans – 7-9
Colts – 5-11

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote