View Single Post
Old 02-07-2015, 01:30 AM   #43
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Team Awards

Offensive Player of the Year – QB Blake Bortles – I hate to be a person who gives out the same award two years in a row, but he earned it, with stats in the top handful of the league in a variety of metrics (QB Rating, yards passing, TDs tossed, completion %). Good job buddy!

Defensive Player of the Year – FS Quentin Demps – There really wasn’t a standout player or season on the team by anyone on the defensive side of the ball. But Demps led the team in tackles and picks. From the free safety position, not the strong one. Plus he had a pick/score as well. Pretty saucy!

Special Teams Player of the Year – CB Demetrius McCray – Again, Mr. Tackles a Lot did a strong job of tackles and forced fumbles on the special teams side of things, and he has put together two really solid years for us in covering punts and kicks.

Rookie of the Year – OG Marquis Satre – There’s no other real option here. We wanted more, but he was still 3rd in KRB and 1st in pancakes and tied for fewest sacks allowed among starters. That’s a pretty good season to build off of for next year.

Heart Award – TE Marcedes Lewis – This might throw you off a bit get it. 10th year pro. Gets 44 grabs for 600 yards, and that’s 13.65 yards per catch. Among TEs in the league that started, that is the 3rd best yards/catch after TE Gronkowski and Pitta over in Baltimore. Now add in 2 scores. Did you know that while never fumbling the ball at all this season, Lewis recovered 3 fumbles other offensive players dropped to the ground? Did you know he had 6 KRB out of 8 KRO (my best percentage of any player by far)? Good stuff old man!

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote