View Single Post
Old 02-08-2015, 12:22 PM   #49
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 3 – Nothing major happens. I massage some of my offers to the best UFAs out there. I convert some salary to signing bonuses and offer some serious cash.

Week 4 – We sign three players: DE Rob Ninkovich, SLB Houston and LCB Jackson to major deals of 2 years 6.54 mill; 4 years 52.5 mill and 4 years 63 mill respectively.

We have spent a large chunk of cap room, but the result is two major upgrades for our squad.

We are still chasing Nick Foles, Will Johnson, Owen Daniels, Kevin Williams, and Tavon Wilson.

Week 5 – We sign Foles, Johnson, and Williams.

Week 6 – Quiet

Week 7 – We sign S Tavon Wilson

Week 8 – Owen Daniels is ours, and we have signed every one of our top targets

After this frenzy, we have 13 mill under the cap and room for 7.5 mill.

Now where are we in week 8?

We have Foles and Bortles, QB is set for now

RB has Gerhart and Murray. It’s fine

We signed a great FB

Grabbed two good, adequate TE in Daniels and Gresham

WR Corps is strong

We have two solid Cs and both busted a bit – we could use one light’s out C

Very good at the OG spot with three legit starters

Weaker at OT with Joeckel and Meredith not the best in the world,

Kicker is fine

Punter is upgradeable

DE we brought in 53/53 Ninkovich. We avoided the money trap of more expensive and bigger names (Mario Williams, for example) . Rivera is just 46/46 but that’s adequate

DT we brought back Kevin Williams and could use a better player later.

So I could still use a good C and OT and DT. So let’s begin some interviews.

I interview the top four DTs, the top C, the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th DE, I want to ensure that I have scouted the top talent, and there are a ton of great players in this draft – true hosses. I might get a better than normal player because of all of the juts absolute top talent that pushes down the normal stuff.

There’s a good C out there if I wanted to make a play in FA but he’s in his 11th year – Chris Chester.

I’m not going to chase any more FA on this side of the draft. I could make some money by cutting Paul Pos and sign some other folks, but I want to keep things calm until post-draft.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote