View Single Post
Old 02-09-2015, 08:22 PM   #68
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 14 – We travel to the 4-8 Bears and try to get to 10 wins. Houston loses to Detroit and are now 7-6, and we win 38-9. Bortles, MVP, 25 of 34, 362, 4:1. He nailed FB Will Johnson one score, Lee 2 scores and 145 yards, and WR Blackmon the final score. 2 picks by Kareem Jackson, one of which was returned 62 yards for a score.

No major injuries.

Cincinnati is 10-3 and on top of the AFC North by 3 games.
Denver is 11-2 and on top by 4 games
Jets and Bills are 8-5 and the Pats 7-6 and all in a fight for that division.

So basically we are still in the running for a bye with three games to go. We are third with the Bengals beating us right now in a tie breaker.

Week 15 – We circled this week as a major game hosting the Texans. Now it’s not. We are hosting the Texans, the 9-4 Packers and then hit the road to finish at the 6-7 Colts. The Pack is now the big game left. Even if Houston wins today, they probably aren’t catching up to us and then winning the tiebreaker against us too. We hang 44 points on them to remind them of that. They score 17. Bortles, MVP< with 22 of 28, 328, 3:0, and he he Lee 5 times for 161 yards and s core, and WRs Robinson the other. Gerhart had fewer runs, broke two open, and had 85 yards and a pair of running scores (Murray had 87 yrds). Gerhart also caught a score. OLB Telvin Smith and DE Velazquez forced fumbles which CB McCray and DT Grossman recovered. Satre had 4 KRB and 4 pancakes. OT Meredith h had 3 KRb.

No major injuries. Denver lost to Oakland. So now we have three 11-3 teams atop the AFC charts.

Week 16 – Green Bay. At 10-4, Green Bay is a major, playoff caliber opponent. But we have them traveling from the arctic tundra to balmy Jacksonville, where we’ll be playing in 67 degree weather. Bortles’ rib injury was fully healed this week. I’m bringing back OLB Justin Huston a week earlier than expected from injury, because I need all of the help I can get this week. We take them down 34-20. Bortles, MVP, 26 of 32, 320 but 0:1. Murrary, Gerhard and FB Johnson all rushed for a score. Lee had 9 catches for 106 yards though, and S Tavon Wilsin got a pick and returned it 34 yards for a score. Other picks by OLB Telvin Smith and CB Jeremy Harris. OB Satre with 5 KRB and 3 pancakes.

That was a really nice victory for us!

DeMarco Murray injured his thumb and is probable for 2 weeks. FS Tavon Wilson is concussed and out for 3. RCB Patrick Robinson’s turf toe is over and he comes back. Robinson was banged up and dropped to 39/39 with that injury so I’m leaving Jeremy Harris in the lineup.

Week 17 - Denver lost again, this time to Atlanta. So if we win in Indianapolis today, then we will wind up with a bye. And we do, we win 24-7. Game MVP is Bortles with 25 of 26, 3:1 and 247 yards, and Allen Robinson was 6 grabs, 107 yards and a score. Murray rocked the other TD Catch, and OG Satre had 7 KRB and 2 pancakes.

Injuries – DE Kaden Rivera is out for 3 weeks with a concussion. LT Luke Joeckel is questionable with a sprained knee ligament for a few weeks.

Final Standings, AFC South

Jacksonville – 13-3
Houston – 8-8
Indianapolis – 7-9
Tennessee - 5-11

We have the top bye.

Jacksonville, 13-3
Denver, 12-4
Cincinnati, 12-4
New York, 11-5
Buffalo, 10-6
Pittsburgh, 9-7

That’s 1-6 in order.

Well, that was a much better season that I was expecting.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote