View Single Post
Old 02-12-2015, 09:21 PM   #112
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I need money. I shop Kareem Jackson.

No general manager has expressed an interest…

Just too expensive for their tastes.

So I can cut him. I can resign him. And that’s it. Those are my options.

People think SS Cyprien is in the range of the 5th rounder on the open market.

I would save 3 mill to cut him. I save 1.3 mill by extending him.

I extend SLB Courtney Upshaw for two years.

I could cut Koa Misi. But he has evolved into a mentor to MLBs for MLB Robinson and is just 1.36 against the cap.

I extend OG Brandon Linder for a year.

Sigh. I extend Cyprian by two years.

I’ll hold off on a Kareem Jackson decision until later in FA to see what happens and how our finances morph.

Again my goal is to target lower priority FA that will be worth less, in order to fit them onto my roster.

If I was confident that MLB Robinson was a grower, or not that bad, I’d swap him for Te’o and trade Te’o for the draft pick I was offered. I save 1.6 mill by moving him.

I take the deal and move him for a future 6th and 7th to the Jets. Let’s gamble. Goodbye Te’o

Alright let’s take this ting to Free Agency and look for some targets.

Do I want to sign a backup for DeMarco Murray or draft one? Sign.

I make an offer to RB Walter Gohl, a 52/53 4th year guy on the market from the Bills.

TE Jessie Maloney

None of ths CBs want a market shattering amount of money. Even the best, Janoris Jenkins at 52/52 wants 2-2.7 mill a year for four years. I make him an offer – mentor to Cbs, amazing special teams (87) and we could kick Kareem Jackson to the curb if we signed him. I push some finances his way as well.

Dang! The best MLB in the class, Irving Ward, wants very little. He’s 54/54 and you bring him in quite cheaply. Why commit to a 34/51 guy who may never be anything when I can take a swing at him? I take a shot at him too.

Nobody seems to want big money. Maybe because they are all in the 50s or lower?

Except for those d-line folks, and I need a new DT to replace Evander Hood.

Ah well, let’s see what happens with the ones I made offers to first, and then make changes to my cap status, and pick things up from there.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote