FS Brendan Tate
TE Jessie Maloney
LDE Glen Willis
RB Skip Barlow
TE Efrain Noa
C Roger Pearson
RDE Cesar Velazquez
DT Quentin Grossman

And that’s obviously a bunch of issues. We need to lock up Velazquez and Lee. I would like to extend Willis, Grossman, Hall, Houston and Pearson. That’s a lot of extentions. Let’s begin to look on in here

I extend WLB Justin Houston by two years and drop his cap hit from 20 mill to 11 this year and 6.5 and 6.7 the next two years. Nicely done!

Justin might have dropped to 66/66 but I still like him. That got me a ton of money too.

Next has to be Lee. I drop Lee from a 15.6 hi this year to a 11.16 and extend for three more years for 9.38, 10.35 and 11.41.

Now we have some big money with 15 mill freed up just like that, while extending deals of two of my better players. That’s the kind of football I like to play!

Whoa! I just took a look at the draft and there is a potential stud TE rocking the block. I interview him now. Meh. Hard to read. I’d consider trading up for him. I need another weapon.

Meanwhile, more extensions.

The next place has to be Velazquez. This is going to be a huge hit – he’s just making 3 mill this year from his rookie deal. I sign him:

2019 – 8.72
2020 – 9.43
2021 – 10.3
2022 – 11.41

No question about that either.

Who else?

I extend QB Raul Hall for a year and OG Linder to a vet min salary for a year

I want to extend Pearson and/or Grossman next, and I certainly can. But both are huge jumps, so let’s wait. Maybe there’s other stuff I can do with the cash?

I extend these RFA – QB Estevez. I would like the others, but they are too pricey.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote