View Single Post
Old 02-13-2015, 08:24 PM   #150
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

2019 NFL Regular Season

Week 1 – We open the season on the road at Tennessee. We win 20-3. Bortles, MVP< is 24 for 39 for 223 and 2:0. RB Gohl carries 18 for 67 in his first game for us. Lee and Blackmon with TD receptions and Lee was 89 for 119 too. We picked them 5 times – twice by CB Hopkins, and once by CB Bryan Meadows, and once each by OLB Russell and Upshaw. DE Velazquez forced a fumble and had 2.5 sacks. S Cyprien led the team with 13 tackles. OG Linder was subbing in for an injured Theo and got 3 KRB.

Not a bad opening. I increased my passing options and pushed 3 and 4 WR sets since we drafted Wild. Hopefully we’ll see some more gunslinging.

Week 2 – We host and thump the Bucs 45-26. Game MVP is….QB Raul Hall??? Uh oh! He came in after Bortles was injured (Borltes was 16 of 18 for 149 and 2:1) and was 15 of 18 for 216 and 4:0. Welcome to Jacksonville Raul! We hit Marqise Lee 12 times for 220 yards and 4 scores. Robinson was 7 for 58 and a score and TE Delaroche was 4 for 51 and a score too. CB Hopkins grabbed another pick, DE Butler forced a fumble that Velazquez recovered. Those DE guys. Dang. I love ’em so much. DE Willis, subbing in, netted 2 sacks. C Pearson rocked 3 KRB.

That’s it. I’m extending DE Willis’s deal. 3 more years at 2-2.4 mill. He’s our guy.

Meanwhile, Bortles is doubtful with abdominal strain. I move him to our emergency 3rd spot and Raul Hall will start next week. OG Satre is probable with a sprained ankle for two weeks.

Week 3 – We host the Bengals this week. We win 47-24. Hall is MVP with 28 of 35 for 308 and 1:1, and RB Gohl rushed 16 for 61 and 2 scores on the ground; Hall rushed for the other score. Lee 7 catches, 113 yards, and a score. Picks by FS Tavon Wilson – who grabbed two, and CB Hopkins, another. Forced fumbles by Wilson, NT Hover, and FS Wilson – all recovered by DE Willis, CB Dennard and CB Meadows. That’s SIX turnovers that the Bengals gave us, and just one back. C Pearson had 4 KRB.

QB Bortles is questionable for a week, and will remain benched for now.

Week 4 – We host, and lose, to Oakland 31-28. Hall was 28 of 42 for 290 and 3:0. TE Delaroche was 9 catches, 64 yards, and a score, and Lee 6 for 70 and 2. CB Hopkins with a pick. Hall fumbled twice, but Blackmon recovered both times. DE Velazquez with 4 sacks. C Pearson had 3 KRB.

OG Satre will be back to healthy next week. Bortles is back as well.

We finish the first third a strong 3-1 despite the noted lack of Bortles at the helm, and Hall plays a different sort of ball, hitting the TE and short stuff a lot more.

Week 5 – BYE

Back from injury is CB Janoris Jenkins.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote