View Single Post
Old 02-13-2015, 08:44 PM   #151
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 6 – If my pledge to win more in the division is important, then today’s trip to 5-0 Indianapolis is vital. We need to win. Whew! We edge them 38-37. That was close. Bortles is MVP, and NFL Offensive Player of the Week, with 37 for 52, 450 yards, and 5:2. Lee grabbed 97 yards and 3 scores, Robinson 160 yards, WR Joshua Wild was 4 for 29 and a score and WR Donnie Crawford rocked a score as well. CB Meadows grabbed a pick. Forced fumble by SS iloka – recovered by CB Hopkins.

No major injuries either.

Week 7 – We host the 2-3 Titans. We win 24-3. Bortles is MVP with 23 of 31 276 and 2:0. RB Gohl rushed 23 for 141 and a score. Lee was 98 yards and a score and TE Delaroche grabbed the other. S Tate added a pick, and both DE Butler and Velazquez added a pair of sacks to their totals. DT Grossman had 1.5 as well. OG Satre, clearly back from his injury, rocked 5 KRB, and a pancake, and C Pearson added 3 to his KRB total.

MLB Irving Ward has been a bit not-good, so I’m moving to MLB Robinson to push and see what I have there

Week 8 – We arrive in the Midwest to face the 4-2 Chiefs. We leave victors at 38-17. Bortles was MVP with 21 for 26, 190, and 3:0, and Gohl rushed 13 for 86 and 2 scores., Lee got 109 yard and a score and WR Blackmon the other two scores. Picks by CB Dennard, Hopkins, and DE Willis. CB Hopkins also forced a fumble that DE Velazquez recovered who had 2,5 sacks on the day. Satre with 4 KRB and a pancake.

Now WR Allen Robinson is injured for a couple of weeks with a sprained knee. I bench him, move Blackmon up.

Week 9 – We host Denver next. They are just 2-5. Bortles is NFL Offensive Player of the Week, and Game MVp, with 26 of 35 for 300 and 3:0. Lee grabbed 113 yards, WR Crawford 5 for 64 and a score, Blackmon and Wild each grabbed scores, Gohl added a rushing one on the ground. Picks by CB Jenkins, Meadows, and FS Tavon Wilson. Velazquez added 1.5 sacks, and MLB forced a fumble that DE Butler recovered. RT Sherrod and OG Theo had 3 KRB each.

Not bad lads!

We have an injury. C Roger Pearson is out for a much with a pulled calf muscle. FB Will Johnson is questionable for a week with a broken finger.

The AFC North:

Jags – 7-1
Colts – 6-2
Texans – 4-4
Titans – 3-5

I expected the Texans to be more of a threat this year. Haven’t seen it yet.

At the half-way mark, DE Velazquez leads the league with 12.5 sacks.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote