View Single Post
Old 02-16-2015, 02:11 AM   #165
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
A little late to the party here, but I don't think the Sabres really gave up too much in the Kane deal. Myers is a defenseman who doesn't seem interested in clearing the front of the net even though he's big. Armia hasn't really shown anything terribly impressive at the AHL level yet. Lemieux may turn out to be great, but he's not his father yet. Stafford wasn't going to get re-signed by the Sabres anyway (at least not if they were smart), so there's no need to keep him around.

So the Sabres get Bogosian, who actually seems to have an interest in playing defense. Then there's Kane, who has the opportunity to play with McDavid or Eichel next year.

Obviously, the Sabres don't want to win any games this year, so Kane being injured right now doesn't hurt them at all. Seems like a great deal to build for the future, especially since the Sabres have about 16 million draft picks over the next couple of years. I don't think it's a huge loss giving up Armia and Lemieux.

Then again, I'm a Devils fan, so I'm probably pretty terrible at evaluating a team's future, given that my team has no future.

The Sabres tried to sign Lemieux--apparently wasn't going to sign with Buffalo.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote