View Single Post
Old 03-06-2015, 08:19 PM   #2
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Adding to the richness of what next season will look like. San Diego Acorns won the AL West this season.

This was my experimental year where only division champs made the post-season and no wild cards. There were three divisions where it came down to the final day, one had a tie for the division title and in the NL South, a team was only 3 GB at the end of the year. With results like that, I'm intrigued about restricting playoffs, but I don't think I'll do it. There are too many teams to do that.

I think keeping with the house arrest/empty cupboard idea, though, the playoffs probably should be harder to get into and not easier. I think my compromise is going to be 4 division champs and a wild card, so basically what real life is right now despite 48 teams in my majors vs. 30 in real life baseball.

We'll eventually expand the playoffs back to a higher number, but it seems fitting to make things more difficult for my team not to be able to skate into the postseason.

But as it stands right now, I'm going to at least have to break up a pennant winning team.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote