View Single Post
Old 03-08-2015, 10:43 PM   #34
Izulde
Head Coach

So... Earle Vega is up to 92%, but he's still showing red/green. What do I do here? First off, hit the Recommend button. Oh wait, now he's back to orange/green, and the starter. After hemming and hawing, I leave it. He's our best all-around perimeter defender, and the fact he's up to orange/green again tells me the color shift was temporary and injury-related. Trent Buckley is back to PG.

Oh, by the way...

New Target: PG Prince Hampson - Hernando HS - Florida
6'3, 198; 2.67 GPA, 1170 SAT
Top 5: Southern Mississippi, Wake Forest, Georgia, Niagara, Oklahoma

No discernible offers, and it never hurts to add more to the PG and Florida pipelines, especially since he has SG size. Not to mention, best.name.ever.

Game 11: @ UNC-Greensboro
Line probably would have been worse than the 66-70 loss, I suppose. Damn. Earle Vega scores 14 with a block and 2 steals, but it kills me that Antony Holmberg's 24 points and 11 rebounds were wasted.

Game 12: @ Elon
88-79 win to get up to .500, both overall and in SoCon play. By the way, the AD expects us to be .500 in conference again, which is a reasonable expectation. 28 points, 6 rebounds, 1 block and 3 steals for Antony Holmberg, who has been in beast mode so far. 12 boards and 2 steals for Andrew Peters, 11 points and 2 steals for Trent Buckley, and two great bench performers. Colin Ogden tears it up for 16 points and 13 rebounds, and Ivan Pugh scores 10 in just 14 minutes.

Game 13: vs College of Charleston
Rough non-con for the rival Cougars again, but they're 1-1 so far, and always dangerous in the real part of the season. And yep. 97-119 loss. 22 points and 2 blocks for Antony Holmberg's third straight 20+ point game, and 16, 12, and 19 points for Bobby Henry, Earle Vega, and Trent Buckley. Too bad the bench did squat this game.

Game 14: vs Georgia Southern
76-82 loss, and it's looking the wheels are falling off on this team. 17 points a piece for Colin Ogden and Trent Buckley, which means Antony Holmberg finally gets held to 10 points, 7 rebounds. 14 points from Bobby Henry on a great shooting night, but it wasn't enough.

Game 15: @Furman
Third straight loss, 69-78. We're in a tailspin that can't be solved by Colin Ogden and Bobby Henry each scoring 13, Ogden adding 6 boards and 3 assists off the bench, or Earle Vega's 11 points.

Game 16: @ Western Carolina
The hole goes deeper and deeper, 67-88. The non-con was a lie. 21 points, 6 rebounds by Bobby Henry, 14 points, 6 rebounds by Antony Holmberg, and Earle Vega's 13 points look nice, but we're so, so cold.

Game 17: vs Appalachian State
UGH! 90-101 L. What a fucking awful year this is turning into. All five starters and Ivan Pugh reach double-digit scoring, with Andrew Peters slamming in 12 rebounds besides, but we had 4 players foul out in this one - Holmberg, Peters, Vega, and Pugh, and the rest can't get it done.

Game 18: @ Samford
I wish I knew what the hell is going on. 65-73 defeat, our 6th in a row. 13 points, 7 rebounds, 2 steals by Antony Holmberg, 10 points, 7 rebounds from Earle Vega, 16 points by Trent Buckley, and the guy I think is a bad luck charm, Colin Ogden, with 10 points, 7 rebounds off the bench. Seems like whenever Ogden does well, that's a sign we're going to lose.

Game 19: @ Wofford
We lose this one, and we're just about mathematically eliminated from .500 in SoCon. The drought *finally* breaks, 70-55, but there's no feeling good right now, even as Bobby Henry dominates with 24 points, 7 rebounds and 2 steals, Andrew Peters snatches 11 boards, and Antony Holmberg drops in 12 points and 2 blocks.

On the bright side, we get our first Mr. Basketball since Colin Ogden when Timmy Rogers commits.

If this is accurate, I see him as a PG in the future.

At this point, we're ahead of only Elon, who has just 1 conference win on the year. Sure hope February sees a quick turnaround.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote