View Single Post
Old 03-26-2015, 10:01 AM   #2842
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMax58 View Post
Pete is also "just a doctor" who beats up on his wife & has stayed reasonably secure & domesticated in the apocalypse. It isn't clear, nor suggested, that he has had to engage in any physical altercations.

Rick is a former deputy, with at minimum basic hand to hand training & likely experience, who has killed lots of men by now & turned completely feral for a period of time.

I would have expected Rick to have assessed how best to take Pete down & destroy him by now. IDK...maybe its just me but I give the edge on somebody that is a fighter any day over somebody who is "just kinda tall".

Maybe Pete took karate lessons or had krav maga training or did MMA fighting on the side?

Also, let's face it fellas, guys named "Pete" tend be, like, 100x's more bad ass in general than pretty much anyone else. That's not me talking. That's science. So, I find it totally believable that, even if he didn't have any kind of former hand-to-hand training and was just a regular ole surgeon maned "Pete", that he'd be more than a handful for Crazy Rick "Throat Biter" Grimes.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).

Last edited by Honolulu_Blue : 03-26-2015 at 01:37 PM.
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote