View Single Post
Old 03-29-2015, 10:30 AM   #695
NoSkillz
College Benchwarmer

Stadium Improvements

-- We move from the planning stage to the construction stage, as a project has begun to improve our club’s youth recruitment network. We’re currently rated “above average” but we’ve never really been able to develop a true “home grown” talent - all of our U18 stars have been brought in from other clubs.

Barclays Premier League Team of the Week

-- Mads Pedersen gets named to the final Premier League team of the week for the 2025/26 season.

International Update

-- We have a few players taking part in the Euro U19 qualifiers. Eneko Remirez (Spain), Juan Jose Culebras (Spain) and Marcus Sowter (England - three goals) all take part.

-- Seventeen others are called up for other international friendlies.

Champions League Final

-- For the second consecutive season, French powerhouse OM is a bridesmaid, as they lose 2-1 to Borussia Dortmund in the Champions League finals, the team that knocked us out. Hugo Cruz scored in the 84th minute to break the 1-1 deadlock to secure Dortmund’s second Champions League title, with their first coming all the way back in 1997. Congratulations to Dortmund - they were deserved champions and got to do it in their own country, as the game took place in Stuttgart.

-- We are awarded a very tasty sum of £21,739,000 in Champions League television revenue! Love it! We pay out approximately £1.6 million to the squad as a bonus.

-- The 2027 Champions League final will take place at the Panathinaikos Arena in Athens, Greece.

-- The sensational Hugo Cruz wins the Champions League Golden Boot after scoring an incredible 17 goals in the competition and also is named as the Best Player.

-- Our very own Jose is awarded with the Champions League trophy for Best Goal for his stunner against Sevilla on April 7th.

-- Three of our players make the Champions League Dream Team for 2025/26: DL Renato Gaucho, DC Claudio Contreras and MC Benedikt Raab.

Coach Poaching

-- Once again, our staff are in high demand and our U18 manager Chris Armas signs with Real Madrid despite me offering him the money he wanted. By my recollection, this is the second year in a row that our U18 manager has been stolen from us. We immediately make a contract offer to someone suitable to take on that role.

June Update

-- As usual, the Premier League transfer window opens on June 9th but I won’t be doing anything major until our budget for the next year is set. We have a few players on the U18 team with expiring contracts but none that are part of my future plans.

Premier League Monthly Awards

— Liverpool winger Axel Parisot wins the Premier League player of the month award.

— Kevin Martin from Sheffield Wednesday picks up the last Young Player of the Month award for the season.

— Birmingham City manager Malky Mackay wins Manager of the Month for guiding his minnows into a top ten position by the end of the season.

Board Confidence Update Update

-- The board are delighted with the leadership qualities I’m demonstrating. Our stature increase is the main positive and our poor FA Cup performance is the major disappointment.

-- We made a profit of £25.83 million last month. Very nice.

Last edited by NoSkillz : 04-04-2015 at 08:33 AM.
NoSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote