View Single Post
Old 04-03-2015, 12:18 PM   #817
cheekimonk
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Now I don't think of that as a deflection, I think of that as a data point. Because if you search, I search, Vaimes searches (steals, whatever) whether it is once per game or every night the point was that there is a whole lotta searchin'/stealin' possible and SOME of it has to connect. That's all.

And all of those independent actions have their own probabilities (because of the fact that they are independent). And, because they are independent, I can calculate only the probability that Vaimes did precisely what he actually did: 0.9%. Do you want me to calculate the odds that you could have searched Chief for the Horn on the same night he was NK'd (again, assuming you had no outside knowledge)? I can, but why? That's not what happened. What did, in fact, happen had a 0.9% chance of happening. Leading the discussion into hypotheticals rather than the actual events is, ipso facto, deflecting. The only question is why the deflection is occurring given the party being accused. In a courtroom, it's because the deflector is being paid to deflect. Here? Not sure, but it doesn't make me feel better about you being Light.
cheekimonk is offline   Reply With Quote