Thread: Online dating
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2015, 08:34 PM   #1526
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
I mean, it's nice to have friends I guess. But I don't get why so many women seem to think that guys, especially SINGLE guys, are out actively looking for female friends. Single guys are typically looking for action.

I think the critical difference may be that (some) women they are able to get some amount of action and/or satisfaction out of the flirtatious attention that comes out of the gray area within a casual friendship between two single parties of the opposite sex, whereas a guy typically needs a more definitive, physical payoff. Those flirtatious butterflies can seemingly be their own reward for womenfolk, whereas for dudes they mainly serve as a signal to move forward.

It's pretty easy to assume that the other party shares your feelings, and so women can easily assume the man is getting satisfaction he's not from a casual friendship, and vise-versa. Things get further confused by the fact that culturally men are taught to pretend they truly are only in it for the friendship, and women are taught to pretend like they believe them.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is online now   Reply With Quote