View Single Post
Old 04-23-2015, 02:57 PM   #6
Greyfriars Bobby
College Prospect

9 August 2014

When I took over the reins at Parkside Road, I inherited a squad that seemed way out of balance. I didn't have nearly enough decent defenders, and I had way too many strikers for any formation that didn't go out of style in 1920. I've tried to fix these issues over the last month. My low wage budget makes that a challenge, so I've been looking for good players who will accept "pay as you play" deals...but not too many of them, because I learned a while back that they are a path to financial disaster if they're given out too freely.

Here are the players from our senior team, along with the best of the U21 and U18 sides. I'll look at the squad one position group at a time, starting with the men between the posts.

Goalkeepers

As reflected in the star ratings, Turner is my assistant's clear choice in goal, but I think Murphy is nearly as good. Turner is more polished, but Murphy is outstanding in the air and four years younger. My preferred style of football calls for a keeper who can distribute the ball well, and Turner has the edge there. Corner is an even younger, crazily athletic version of Murphy.

P.S. You might see me disagreeing with my assistant's star ratings quite often. Let's just say he's not the most astute judge of talent in England.
Greyfriars Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote