View Single Post
Old 05-06-2015, 02:04 PM   #593
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

dang, didn't realize it's been two years since I last posted in here...

I started reading, then got swamped and stopped but all this time I kept receiving the notifications that you had updated the thread and I always meant to come back to read a bit more and follow your kids. I wasn't even sure if all three were still swimming, I only knew you had posted something so at least one was still into it. Great to see that all three are still very active and from what little I've read in the last page, all progressing nicely.

My son Matthew turned 11 in January and with it, entered the age group levels of competition, with preliminaries and finals at most meets. Before that, he was in what we call around here "Provincial Development" or with meets being done with only timed finals and no medals being awarded but ribbons given if a swimmer beat his previous best time in the event.

I don't even remember how deep I went about how it's done around here and I must admit, I probably knew VERY little about the world of swimming two years ago as he was only 9 and had almost two years of under age group swimming to do before the "real" meets would start.

I'm going back to read partly from the start and hopefully can come back and chat with you about your kids and were my son is now. I'll only say he's starting to give us goosebumps, dang I love seeing him swim.

With that tease, I'll go back to reading.

silly question that just occured to me, your pools are in yards, right? When you say "50 free" that's a 50 yards race, right?

I'm asking because our pools are in meters and I was mentally comparing times at about the same age between Matthew and Brett...

later!

FM