View Single Post
Old 05-25-2015, 12:45 PM   #21
Greyfriars Bobby
College Prospect

4 November 2014

Apparently the good people at Prescot Cables FC liked Oliver Polack's goal against Mossley, because the very next day, they signed him. Polack was just rounding into form after pulling a hamstring in late August. Now he's with a team that's currently one point clear of the relegation places. Good luck, Oliver.

I'm going to buy Conor McNamara a pint or two. The DoF quickly located Polack's replacement: Dennis Lewis of FC United. In six appearances there, he'd set up three goals and earned a 6.84 rating. He's 22, and he is a definite upgrade from Polack in every way, save his pace. Dennis is extremely responsible defensively. I envision him tracking back to cover Alan Bridger as he comes forward--another possible way to make our offensive play a little more diverse and unpredictable.

FA Trophy, Preliminary Round Replay
Kendal Town v. Mossley

4-5-1
GK: Loughton
D: King, Weaver, Peacock, Bridger
M: Irons, Hunt, Sawyer, O'Neill, Lewis
ST: Carter

Some weary Mintcakes took to the pitch at Parkside Road today. Once again, we concede a VERY late, very costly goal.

Substitute Ray Hulse scored the game's first goal at 53', and I urged the lads to push forward and bag an equalizer. It finally came, three minutes from time, courtesy of Ollie Carter. He took a pass from Tom Sawyer, stepped into a opening and tucked the ball inside the post with his left foot.

Not a minute later, before my shout to "concentrate" could take effect, Mossley earned a corner. Paul Irons was in position to clear it, but a Mossley player fell to the ground between him and the ball, blocking his path. Mossley midfielder James Haigh got there first and beat Sam Loughton at his near post. A lucky goal, perhaps, but it counted, and we're out of the FA Trophy.
Greyfriars Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote