View Single Post
Old 06-08-2015, 10:38 AM   #2309
whomario
Pro Starter

I thought the actions of the Harpy-Dudes was right in line with what happened earlier this season. Yeah they sneaked around but they also went out and killed dozens of people in broad daylight and then also trapped a patrol taking heavy losses in a "no matter what it takes" kind of deal. I think actually merely killing Dany was never enough, they needed to spread terror. To decide to attack on the opening of the fighting pits, which supposedly would make everything better for the people of Mereen + Dany, makes sense to me.

As for the scene itself: The difference between this and Hardhome was that we got lost in the action and there were too many characters too follow. But maybe that was how it was intended, too. And quite possibly would not have seemed so out of place if it had not come directly after the massacre at Hardhome.

As for the idea of an order (?) of rich people (they are fighting for the old order, who else could it be ?) operating like japanese kamikaze and being built of so many ... Was that Martins idea or GOT-exclusive ? Because that to me makes very little sense.

That Stannis is just an alien being now. But i guess this is the point. Up until now you could relate to him, now you can´t. And you shouldn´t.

Overall, definitely a lack of subtlety in terms of writing. I mean, i guess they wanted to make sure everybody understood what is now the status quo: Westeros is not able to heal from within.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 06-08-2015 at 01:44 PM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote