View Single Post
Old 06-12-2015, 07:37 AM   #622
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Swim With Dad - @ GaTech - 6/13

We will be swimming just the Saturday of this meet. We are only swimming 1 day because we will miss 1 day of the meet in a couple of weeks in order to swim at the Summer League Forsyth County Championships.

Here is what the kids are swimming...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bailey

# 21 (d1/s2): G 13 & Over 200 Breast (3:39.79L ) - Bailey should improve here...not because she's gotten great at breast, but because she was so bad last year...

# 27 (d1/s2): G 13 & Over 50 Free (32.26L ) - Not sure what to expect here. She seems to be getting better with her freestyle, but she also has been swimming poorly.

# 36 (d1/s2): G 13 & Over 400 Medley (5:50.13L ) - With her poor results recently, I don't have high expectations here. Which is a shame because this is one of the strokes she could earn a state cut in (new State Cuts have been released, and they are much harder to achieve...I'll post the updated cuts soon)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bear

# 28 (d1/s2): B 13 & Over 50 Free (30.24L ) - Bear's going to want to go sub30 here. He could do it, he's swimming well and according to the coaches (both Ryan and Andy), he's been killing it at practice.

# 34 (d1/s2): B 13 & Over 200 Free (2:20.28L ) - He dropped a bunch of time in this last weekend, so I don't expect much here. In fact, his actually time is a 2:18.15.

# 37 (d1/s2): B 13 & Over 400 Medley (5:51.08L ) - I expect Bear will do well here. Given he's been swimming so well, and he hasn't done this event this year, I expect a decent drop in time. Plus this is one of the tough races that is right in his wheelhouse.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brett

# 22 (d1/s2): B 13 & Over 200 Breast (3:09.35L ) - Brett swam real well last weekend, and his Breast appears to be getting back to his pre-choppy stage, so I expect he'll have a decent improvement here.

# 34 (d1/s2): B 13 & Over 200 Free (2:34.07L ) - Don't know about improvement here, because like Bear he just dropped last weekend. His PB is actually a 2:27...I don't think he'll improve on that.

# 37 (d1/s2): B 13 & Over 400 Medley (6:11.31L ) - I don't know what to expect here. Individually, Brett is improving in fly significantly, breast seems to be getting back to normal. Back is solid, and Free is improving, so it would be reasonable to expect a good drop. Maybe 10 seconds or so, but unlike Bear, who thrives the tougher the race gets, Brett seems to go into conservation mode, and he never really fully pushes himself.

Last edited by Breeze : 06-12-2015 at 10:38 AM.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote