View Single Post
Old 06-20-2015, 05:56 PM   #595
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

End of the First Week, Sprite-Cast

Oh I totally agree. As always we tend to see fighting style combatants trending at the top after the first week, only to see then falling off the charts as the next weeks come. Fighters are the most prepared in the Dungeon at the beginning, and the least prepared to finish at the end. THey have a limited ability to take out a group of opponents, whereas a Magic User gets better and better at such fights. Plus, Magic users will even be better prepared for melee with spells like Stoneskin and Expertise. And a simple spell like Protection from Normal Weapons will blow through half the Dungeon without any thought.

True true Sparkles. Anyway, we had a variety of deaths as wel.

Yes, we know have just three Dungeon Blocks that haven't had a single player in them killed. And yes in some others we've had as much as 30% dead after just five days. It's really hard to say from one Block to the next just how things will take!

That's always been true.

Anyways, here is my Top Five Ranking for Fuscia Block after the first week!

Sparkles Top Five

1. Ragone
2. cheekimonk
3. JAG
4. dubb
5. timmae

And here you see that whole "Fighters Tend to First" concept. True. Only cheekimonk right now is the lone exception, but I think that with ntndeacon and Chief Rum right there in the mix, you'll see this list slowly and slowly move towards a more non-fighters until some start winning. That's why we handicap fighters and mixed classes compared to pure mages, because too many mages were winning in the early years.

Right, but then we had pushed too far and fighters were winning too much until we gave the mixed classes an additional handicap.

And now we are in a decent state of equilibrium.

True!

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote