View Single Post
Old 06-25-2015, 10:35 AM   #65
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
I have very little business being in this thread since my personal wish is for a Scandinavian style social democracy and I mourn the fact that there really isn't a true liberal party in this country.

This isn't about policy though. I have one question for my conservative/Republican friends on the board: With so many candidates and such a conservative base that participates in the primaries/caucuses, how do you see a candidate getting the nod who doesn't have to tack so far right for the nomination that they can't pivot back to the center for the general election?

Honestly? I don't see the WH coming back on anything short of a miracle right now.

And if they do turn back to the middle for the general (and actually mean it) then {shrug} not really a big concern for me if they win or not. Not the least bit interested in a RINO in the oval office, especially not one that would have just shown themselves to have all the ethics of ... well, of a politician.

Barring a genuine miracle (or several of them), I believe the nation is largely lost & doomed to continue to spiral down the proverbial drain. Already dead most likely, the body is just still twitching.