View Single Post
Old 06-29-2015, 01:57 AM   #152
Izulde
Head Coach

Unfortunately the event got cancelled because the air conditioning broke down at the store. Boo.

I'm rethinking Walking Atlas' inclusion, as its mana ramp is only effective if I have two lands in hand, which is likely only to happen in the first few turns. As a late game draw, he's not very useful.

Borderland Marauder was an underrated card on the Saturday night games, by the way. Although a 1/2, she becomes a 3/2 when attacking, which with the Warhammer made her a 6/2 when attacking with trample and lifelink.

Also, Angel of Glory's Rise became a 7/6 flier with first strike, trample, and lifelink with the Warhammer on her plus Archetype of Courage out.

A lot of my current creatures have first strike and/or vigilance built in, so I'm pondering Heliod's utility in this deck. Then again, with the amount of white, getting five white devotion to make him a 5/6 indestructible isn't difficult.

I considered removing Combat Medic because I felt like indestructible duplicated Iroas' damage prevention ability. Nope! Destruction is different from damage, even though damage can destroy a creature. Confusing? Welcome to Magic!

Also, the protections only apply to creatures while attacking. Once the combat phase ends, and the second main phase is entered into, they can once again be damaged and/or destroyed. And the protections don't prevent exile effects or cards that would take their toughness to 0, because reducing a creature's toughness to 0 is a state-based effect, not damage or a destroy effect. That's the two ways to get rid of indestructible things - exile them, or reduced their toughness to 0 if they're a creature.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote