View Single Post
Old 07-09-2015, 05:01 PM   #2
Greyfriars Bobby
College Prospect

The story begins in the summer of 2014, shortly after the completion of the World Cup.

The next major competition for us, then, will be the European Championships, which will be decided in 2016. Liechtenstein will be attempting to qualify from Group G, which also contains Moldova, Montenegro, Russia, Sweden...and our neighboring rival, Austria.

Our first match in the Qualifying Round will be 9 September, at home to Austria. We'll host Bolivia in a friendly six days before that, which will be the Blue-Reds' first match under my management. That will give me some time to look over the pool of players at my disposal.

On my first day on the job, I met the other members of the senior team staff. We'd all fit comfortably in an SUV.

Assistant Manager: Franz-Joseph Batliner
Goalkeeping Coach: Christopher Gahleitner
Physio: Egon Oehri
Physio: Adin Rinner

Thomas Kranz and Torsten Ritter work with the Under 21s as coaches. That's the entire national staff, right there.

Since the players on the national team will be doing most of their training at their clubs, it seems that national team staff will help out mostly with identifying and evaluating the players I'll pick for national duty. With that in mind, I brought in a new coach, Sven-John Gstöhl, who has a decent eye for talent.

Incidentally, I'm using "fake names" in this game, as I often do. I enjoy creating an "imaginary" world, where the heroes (and villains) have their own identities.

As we get closer to our match with Bolivia, I'll introduce you to the players whom I'll be selecting to represent our nation.

Last edited by Greyfriars Bobby : 07-09-2015 at 05:47 PM. Reason: Had to restart game; it froze as I was changing preferences.
Greyfriars Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote