View Single Post
Old 07-18-2015, 09:50 PM   #154
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Appreciate the service but as politicians go McCain ain't worth a damn. (and after hearing him speak about FCC deregulation a few years back, I became convinced that he's one genuinely ignorant -- if not outright stupid -- son of a bitch).

You know, you'd think I'd have been more aware of the politics involved there over the past 15 years...

(McCain was for deregulation, yes? That seems like a generally Republican stance.)

As for Trump, part of me wonders to what extent he knows seemingly "outrageous" things he says will fly. I mean, he has to realize that quite a few Republicans (as opposed to Republican office holders, or what they can say publicly) weren't exactly thrilled with McCain, right? He seems crazy but there has to be some strategy here, though I can't imagine what he's doing would lead to him winning a general election. Pick up enough steam to gain inclusion in the debates (he loves being on the TV) and/or outlast other candidates? Perot got pretty far being crazy and spouting whatever the heck came to mind. Or maybe he's just looking to cash in on attention to feed his ego and figures this is a good way to do it.

Last edited by cuervo72 : 07-18-2015 at 09:51 PM.
cuervo72 is offline   Reply With Quote